Saturday, November 1, 2008

Creeps and a Half

Alright. First of all, why didn't I know that "graphic novel" meant comic book? I grabbed it at the library and didn't look through it until I got in car. I was shocked. Especially when I saw crazy button eyes lady.

Now, maybe it's because I have never read a comic book before, but didn't the story seem to take random turns? I wanted there to be an explanation for the crazy sisters submerged in slime on the wall or the reason that Caroline could pass through the closet that held the spirits, but they couldn't or what was up with the rats. I don't know. How did Coraline know that she could find the souls of all the captured people? How did she know that they were going to be something tangible?

Is this just due to the comic book style that I'm not used to? Or was this book lame?

Oh, and Spence- did you read it before book club blog? And did you say that my father owns it?

1 comment:

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

Also, you should've known "graphic novel" meant comic book...
remember on season one/(two?) of the OC when Summer keeps calling Cohen's "graphic novel" a comic book?