Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

Fellow Bookclubbers, its time we announced the book for February. After a few less than stellar picks, it has fallen upon my shoulders once again to find us another excellent book. I thought back to all of the books that we have read: Pride and Prejudice (teen romance), Coraline (young adult horror), The Shack (Christian Fantasy), The Christmas Box (Boring). It seems to me that besides Coraline, the only book that you all have really loved was Pride and Prejudice. So, I've decided to pick a book from the Jane Austin of our era, Nicholas Sparks. This month we will be reading The Choice. I can't wait. Here are a few words that from a review of The Choice that I picked at random, "emotional ups and downs," "choices," "beautiful love story," "car accident," "emotions," "weeping."

I can't wait.

Everyone spread the word about this awesome book so that we can increase the size of our book club.

1 comment:

Cicely said...

Come on. I was really looking forward to reading one of your picks.

I have made a personal vow never to read another Nicolas Sparks book.

How about you make a real sugestion so I can place my hold. Deal?